Mobile App Customizations that Drive Performance
Important Note: If you are looking for documentation on how to build a custom block please visit our developer docs found here!
In this lesson:
- Learn how to leverage custom blocks to do even more with your mobile app and boost performance.
What are Custom Blocks?
Custom blocks allow you to bring a one-of-a-kind experience to your mobile app.
Why you should use Custom Blocks?
Custom blocks give you the ability to bring a unique yet holistic brand experience to your app users. This can be anything from embedding media, creating personalized shopping banners or building a product recommendation block, to name a few! For more ideas, check out this guide to see some of our favorite use cases when leveraging custom blocks.
Will Custom Blocks Work for my Business?
We are your mobile app partner and want to ensure you have all the resources you need to create a unique and holistic app experience. Below is a list of things to think about when considering if custom blocks are the right solution for you:
- Do I have an idea that is currently being used on my Shopify store?
- Do I have a developer who can help me execute this idea?
- Do I have the budget to hire a third-party developer?
- Does my idea require additional content?
How to Test Custom Blocks?
Although our team is not part of your QA step, we do give you the tools to test your custom blocks. To learn more about testing custom blocks, check out our developer guide here.
- Important Note: Testing is done in production so we advise testing any new block on a specific product page for a live view, even if it is not going on that page. This offers the best view of the block's function and implementation.'
- Drag and drop your block on a single product page.
- Review the block in your mobile app.
- Make adjustments or edits in the text editor as needed.
There are a few considerations to have when determining if custom blocks are the best solution for your brand. Although a powerful, low-code solution, custom blocks do not support:
- Customizing app navigation
- Customizing style across the app
- Customizing the cart, checkout area or member account area
- Adding camera or general augmented reality (AR) needs
- Ie., Virtual Try On
- Please Note: We are always working to expand the functionality of custom blocks to offer more flexibility when designing your app. To review current capabilities and a change log of new features please review our developer docs.
- Using react or Vue JS code for implementation
- Placement for custom blocks is only supported on the homepage, product detail page or cart
Please Note: We are working to expand the functionality of custom blocks in the future to offer even more flexibility when designing your app experience. We are working on it, but not quite there yet!
Custom blocks are only available to Tapcart Enterprise customers.
Not on Tapcart Enterprise but want to learn more about using custom blocks? You can talk to one of our mobile experts by accessing this new feature directly from your dashboard. Simply select custom blocks and choose ‘talk to a mobile expert’ to get started!
Our team is here to help! To learn more about custom blocks and how they can be a turn-key solution for your mobile app ideas, visit Tapcart Help Center or reach out to us with general questions at email@example.com!
Have a developer question? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will get back to you.