- Tapcart's Markets/Global E integration requires merchants to be on the Global E's new Shopify Native integration, as this supports native Shopify checkout. If your Global E checkout diverts you to a non-native Shopify checkout, you will need to contact your rep at Global E to upgrade to the new connector.
- In order to enable this, you will need to enable multi-currency and partial or full web checkout and turn off Apple Pay.
What is Multi-Currency?
Multi-currency allows the user to select their desired currency/country. Once the currency/country is selected, the app pulls in the specific pricing details associated with the currency/country and adjusts the price field accordingly. You can turn on multi-currency in the app’s settings tab under store settings. For more information on multi-currency check out our guide here.
Once multi-currency is enabled, the currency/country selector displays in the app's left navigation menu.
After multi-currency is enabled, you need to determine if you want your app to leverage partial or full web checkout.
- Important Notes:
- Currently, Global E/Shopify Markets doesn’t work with Tapcart’s native Apple Pay, which works on the PDP and Cart. In order to use Global E/Shopify Markets, you must turn off native Apple Pay.
- If Apple Pay is essential to your business, we recommend turning on full web checkout to mirror your website's 3-step Shopify checkout.
- To turn off Apple Pay, go to the bottom of the 'Settings' tab in your Tapcart Dashboard and simply disable it.
Full Web Checkout vs. Partial Web Checkout
Full web checkout starts the checkout process on the information page, where all express payment types are available for selection. If you use Apple Pay on your website, it will automatically pull into this checkout page, allowing users to use Apple Pay or any other express payment type.
The transaction gets picked by Global E/Shopify Markets and applies all the necessary duties, taxes, and shipping charges accordingly.
- Important Notes:
- Any non-express payment type processes the transaction correctly as well.
- To enable full web checkout simply contact your dedicated account manager or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to update your checkout type. Once enabled on the backend, the change will take place immediately.
If you don’t need to support express payment types, you can use partial web checkout, which leverages the app’s native shipping page. Once the user enters their shipping information and clicks continue to payment, they are redirected to your Shopify payment page. Any remaining duties, taxes, and shipping fees are applied on the payment page. The user can select their preferred payment method and complete the transaction.
To enable partial web checkout, navigate to the 'Settings' tab and disable native checkout.
Tapcart is planning to launch the full Global E/Shopify Markets integration in Q2, allowing the functionality to work on our native checkout.
Our team will announce when the full integration is ready and help you set it up.
To learn more about Tapcart, visit Tapcart Academy to become a mobile app expert!
If you have additional questions, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to us through LiveChat on your Tapcart Dashboard or you can email us at email@example.com!