What is Global-e?
Global-e's end-to-end e-commerce platform enables merchants to increase international traffic conversions and drive online sales in over 200 destinations worldwide. Through a single integration, you can offer online consumers across the globe a seamless localized shopping experience tailored to their specific market preferences and aligned with your brand’s business needs and goals.
Why Global-e + Tapcart?
Advanced localization designed to increase international traffic conversions:
- Customized messaging per market
- Local pricing and currencies > 100 currencies supported (multi-currency)
- Local and alternative payment methods >150 methods supported
- Local import duty and tax calculated and guaranteed
- Multiple shipping options at competitive rates
- Easy and local returns
Streamlined merchant experience for seamless global expansion:
- Streamlined global operations and logistics, including shipping, returns, and import processing
- Full compliance with country restrictions, local regulations, and tax & duties
- Payment optimization for higher international acceptance rates
- State-of-the-art AI-based international payments fraud prevention
How to Connect Global-e + Tapcart:
- Log in to your Tapcart Dashboard and tap into Integrations
- Find and click on 'Global-e'
- Press 'Connect Integration' button
- Press 'Save & Enable' button
- Tapcart's Global-e integration requires merchants to be on Global-e's new Shopify Native integration, as this supports native Shopify checkout. If your Global-e checkout diverts you to a non-native Shopify checkout, you will need to contact your rep at Global-e to upgrade to the new connector.
- In order to enable this, you will need to enable multi-currency and partial or full web checkout and turn off Apple Pay.
- Global-e provides each customer with their own Global-e account manager. If you have any issues not solved by the below, please reach out to your Global-e AM.
What is Multi-Currency?
Multi-currency allows the user to select their desired currency/country. Once the currency/country is selected, the app pulls in the specific pricing details associated with the currency/country and adjusts the price field accordingly. You can turn on multi-currency in the app’s settings tab under store settings. For more information on multi-currency check out our guide here.
Once multi-currency is enabled, the currency/country selector displays in the app's left navigation menu.
After multi-currency is enabled, you need to determine if you want your app to leverage partial or full web checkout.
- Important Note on Apple Pay: Currently, Global-E doesn’t work with Tapcart’s native Apple Pay, which works on the PDP and Cart. In order to use Global-E, you must turn off native Apple Pay.
- If Apple Pay is essential to your business, we recommend turning on full web checkout to mirror your website's 3-step Shopify checkout.
- To turn off Apple Pay, go to the bottom of the 'Settings' tab in your Tapcart Dashboard and simply disable it.
Full Web Checkout vs. Partial Web Checkout
Full web checkout starts the checkout process on the information page, where all express payment types are available for selection. If you use Apple Pay on your website, it will automatically pull into this checkout page, allowing users to use Apple Pay or any other express payment type.
The transaction gets picked by Global-E and applies all the necessary duties, taxes, and shipping charges accordingly.
- Important Notes:
- Any non-express payment type processes the transaction correctly as well.
- To enable full web checkout simply contact your dedicated account manager or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to update your checkout type. Once enabled on the backend, the change will take place immediately.
If you don’t need to support express payment types, you can use partial web checkout, which leverages the app’s native shipping page. Once the user enters their shipping information and clicks continue to payment, they are redirected to your Shopify payment page. Any remaining duties, taxes, and shipping fees are applied on the payment page. The user can select their preferred payment method and complete the transaction.
To enable partial web checkout, navigate to the 'Settings' tab and disable native checkout.
For any questions specifically about your Global-e setup; please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Tapcart, visit Tapcart Academy to become a mobile app expert!
If you have additional questions, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to us through LiveChat on your Tapcart Dashboard or you can email us at email@example.com!