What is Yotpo Subscriptions?
Yotpo is an ecommerce retention marketing platform with the most advanced solutions for email and SMS marketing, loyalty and referrals, subscriptions, reviews, and visual UGC. Yotpo subscriptions is an intuitive subscription management solution that makes it easy for eCommerce brands to grow recurring revenue by adding a subscription offering. Drive recurring revenue and increase lifetime value with subscription experiences that are easy for you and your customers.
Why Yotpo Subscriptions + Tapcart?
The Yotpo + Tapcart Integration allows shoppers to easily view and make changes to their upcoming subscriptions to ensure a seamless shopping experience.
How to Connect Yotpo Subscriptions + Tapcart?
The Yotpo Subscriptions integration is available to all Tapcart Enterprise customers who also have an active Yotpo Subscriptions plan. For more information on Yotpo, check out their website.
Steps to Create a Custom Screen
- Navigate to 'App Studio' and select 'Custom Screens'
- Select 'Create a Custom Screen'
- From here, enter the screen title, web page URL, and if authentication is required...
- If yes, the mobile app will take any unauthenticated user to the login screen of the mobile app where after logging in they will return to the screen they were seeking. Make sure to complete step 5 below as well.
- If no, the screen will be accessible by any user regardless of whether they are logged in or not
Once your 'Custom Screen' is created, you will need to install the Web Bridge SDK on your website.
- Please note, that the Web Bridge SDK provides a seamless way for web pages to communicate and interact with your Tapcart app through a WebView.
- Once installed, the header/footer of your web page will be hidden. You can also hide additional elements and implement app actions to invoke actions in your mobile app from interactions that take place within your web page.
- Once your screen is created and the web bridge SDK is installed, you will want to add the screen to your navigation so users can access it.
How Does a User Interact with Yotpo In-App?
Once Yotpo is supported within your mobile app, customers can make changes to their shipping actions and product-level actions. These include:
- Apply a discount on an upcoming subscription
- Update a shipping address
- Cancel a subscription
- Reactive a subscription
- Skip an upcoming order
- Add a product to a subscription
- Add a one-time product to an upcoming subscription
- Swap products in an upcoming subscription
- Remove a product from an upcoming subscription
- Update product quantity
- Update delivery frequency
- Update delivery date
- Apply loyalty discounts to an upcoming subscription
See here for a more in-depth breakdown of the available actions a user can take via the app.
The login functionality of this integration can differ based on whether you are on Shopify Plus or not. This is due to the need for Multipass authentication to automatically pass login sessions between app and Custom Screens.
- Shopify Plus — allows for the use of Multipass, a Shopify technology that allows for the passing of user authentication natively from the Tapcart login page into any web view that is powered by a Shopify user being logged in.
- Non-Shopify Plus — the user would ho through the end-to-end login experience directly from within the custom screens, and sessions would not persist due to that login experience being limited to the custom screen being used at that time.
If you have any questions about enabling the Yotpo Subscriptions custom screen, you should contact your in-house developer or agency partner.
If your developer or agency partner needs further guidance, information, or resources, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.