What is Rep?
Rep is a full-service AI-powered Concierge designed to solve one big problem: 97% of ecommerce traffic will NOT convert. Rep solves this by identifying disengaged shoppers with its behavioral AI, then engages them in a conversational shopping experience with ChatGPT at just the right time. The result? Merchants get a conversion boost—sometimes by up to 300%. This increases their selling opportunities (AOV), and Rep can also handle up to 97% of support questions before they become tickets.
Why Rep + Tapcart?
The Rep + Tapcart Integration allows you to install the latest AI technology onto your Tapcart mobile store app, and offer everyone the level of attention, service, and support they need 24/7.
How to Connect Rep + Tapcart?
Here’s how to set up this integration:
The integration is available to all Tapcart Enterprise customers and Rep customers. For more information on Reps' plans, check out their website.
- To enable the Rep integration login to the Rep management console.
- From there go to 'Settings'
- Navigate to 'Integrations' and select 'Tapcart'
- Within the pop up click 'Connect'
- From there you will see instructions on how to install Rep on your Tapcart account
- Once you've completed the steps within Rep, navigate to this github link to follow the instructions on how to enable the custom code block.
How Does a User Interact with the Rep In-App?
The user presses on the chat icon in any of the PDPs to start a chat with the AI Concierge.
The integration of Rep AI might have limited functionality depending on the Tapcart SDK version you are using. Make sure your SDK version is 1.4 (the latest stable version at the moment). Check this documentation to understand how to set the SDK version of your custom block.
- In the scripts.js file of the integration, you can find the variable “defaultOpen” - which is equal to “false” by default. It means that the integration appears in the Custom block in a minimized state, where the chat icon has to be clicked on to open and interact with the chat feature.
- To make the chat appear in an open state, you have to set: var defaultOpen = true;
- This means that the chat will already be opened and the user can interact immediately, ie., you don't need to press the chat icon.
- If you feel that the chat is too high when it's open then it can be changed in the scripts.js file of the integration. By default, it has a value of “600px”. Make the number lower/higher depending on what is the goal.
If you have additional questions about using Rep, check out their FAQ here.
If you have any questions about enabling the Reb custom block, you should contact your in-house developer or agency partner.
If your developer or agency partner needs further guidance, information, or resources, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.