Build a buzz around your app launch by posting on social channels, adding the announcement to your email campaigns, or placing a ‘Coming Soon’ banner on your site. While preparing for your app launch, this is also a great opportunity to understand the key metrics, research the market and implement optimization tools to understand and improve your mobile marketing performance.
In this lesson:
Learn all of our top digital marketing strategies when it comes to planning your mobile app launch!
Advertise the App on Your Website
Create a landing page to highlight the benefits of your app and even boost downloads and sales by providing an exclusive app discount. VRG GRL and Art of Tea both promote their app-designated landing page’s in the footer of their websites. Creating a seamless experience for customers to learn about and download the app!
Add a Smart Banner to Your Mobile Site
Once your app is live, you can drive organic traffic to your app by implementing the ‘Mobile Download Banner’. The banner will populate anytime customers access your mobile website, prompting them to download the app on the App or Google Play Stores. Within this banner, you can offer an app exclusive discount or highlight an app exclusive product to incentive downloads.
Announce in Email Campaigns
Leverage your email list to get app downloads! Regularly promoting your app within your email campaigns will help boost downloads within your email subscribers group.
Optimize App Store Algorithms
Be sure to do your research on your target audience and competitors to make your app more discoverable in the app stores. The app store is the biggest channel for app discovery and getting downloads. Check out these tips to ensure your app doesn’t get lost in the app store.
- Avoid special characters
- Don’t include category names in your app name
- Include 1-2 keywords in your app title
- Limiting listing to 15 characters
Understand Your Apps KPIs
Understanding your mobile app’s metrics will help you gain insight into your app, improve performance and get more revenue on mobile. Below we've listed out some of the most relevant KPIs:
- App Downloads - an early indication of how your app's doing
- # of times the app has been installed
- Daily Active Users (DAU) - number of users who continue using the app every day
- # of DAUs
- Monthly Active Users (MAU) - number of people who use the app at least once per month
- # of MAUs
- Stickiness Rate - the liklihood of turning an MAU into a DAU
- DAU / MAU = Stickiness rate
- Daily Sessions per DAU - how often people use the app within the day
- # of daily session of DAU / of DAU = Daily session / DAU
- Retention Rate - percentage of customers who return to the app after their first visit
- # of active app users in a set period of time / # of users active app users in previous period of time = Retention Rate
- Churn Ratio - percentage of customers who stop using the app
- 1 - Retention Rate = Churn Rate
You can also get more ideas on what metrics to measure here.
Post on Social Media
Get creative with your social media posts to create a buzz around your app.
- Post notice of the app on the day of launch to boost app downloads from your loyal followers!
- Pro-Tip: Continue to post a week, and a month after launch across your various social channels to keep the buzz going.
- Create a teaser video to ignite the curiosity of your target audience. Utilize a videography team or Fiverr to put together an engaging video.
- Pro-Tip: Keep it concise, focus on the app’s best features, and have a strong call to action!
Utilize Influencer Marketing
Utilize influencer marketing to promote your app and give your brand a voice, a worthwhile investment as it’s comparable to or better than other marketing channels. There are different types of influencers you can connect with for your brand including:
- Celebrity Influencer
- Blog Influencer
- Social Media Influencer
- Key Opinion Influencer
Your prelaunch app campaign is a success… what happens next? It’s never too early to plan out other marketing initiatives down the line to retarget prospects and nurture your community. Here’s Tapcart’s guide to How to Market Your App. You can also get more ideas on how to prepare for an app launch here.
To learn more about Tapcart, visit Tapcart Academy to become a mobile app expert!
If you have additional questions regarding your pre-launch campaign, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to us through LiveChat on your Tapcart Dashboard or you can email us at email@example.com.