Configure Your Mobile Download Banner for a Continued On-Brand Experience!
Once your app is live, you will want to prompt your mobile website visitors to download the app! With 81% of Shopify’s traffic coming from mobile, this is a great way to drive organic traffic and increase downloads. The banner will direct users directly to their App or Google Play Store to easily download the app onto their device. In this article, we will walk through the steps on how to configure your smart app banner, by displaying your app icon in the pop-up for a continued on-brand experience.
- Navigate to your Tapcart Dashboard
- Select ’Settings’ and scroll down to ‘App Listing’
- From here right-click on your App Icon and ‘Copy Image Address’ to your clipboard
- Once you have the link to your App Icon, insert this into the following line of code: <meta name=tapcart-banner:appIcon content=InsertAppIconLinkHere>
- Then proceed to your Shopify Themes Editor: select ‘Actions’ > ‘Edit Code'
- Insert the completed meta tag in your website head, within the ‘theme.liquid’ file in your Shopify theme code
- Click ‘Save’ and you are all set!
If you have additional questions about setting up the Mobile Download Banner, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to a Tapcart Team member through our LiveChat in your dashboard or you can email us at email@example.com!