Create an Easier Shopping Experience with Custom Filters
Adding filters allows app users to find the exact product they want. Simply create a filter category for your customers to filter through your products with ease.
How Filters Work
Tapcart filters work in conjunction with your Shopify tags. To utilize this feature you will need to tag every product with both the variant tag(s) and the collection group(s) they live in. For example, if you have a men’s product called ‘Blue Shirt’ which lives in both the ‘New Arrivals’ collection and the ‘Men’s Tops’ collection, the product must be tagged with both the variant name ‘color-blue and the collection group names, ‘New Arrivals’ and ‘Men’s Tops’. This is required for this item to be filtered within the app in both collections. In simple form, a product must be tagged with both the variant name and collection names to which it belongs to.
How to Tag your Products
Before we get started in Tapcart, let’s hop into your Shopify store to set up the necessary tags for your products.
- From your Shopify dashboard, navigate to ‘Products’ then ‘Collections’
- Under the selected ‘Collection’, tap on a product to edit
- Once you are on the specified product page, scroll down to the ‘Tags’ section
- Here you will enter all the variant names as tags for the product and add the collections the product lives in as tags
- After all the tags have been added, select ‘Save’ up in the top right corner
How to Set up Filters
Now that your product tags are created and in place for filters let’s navigate to the Tapcart dashboard to complete the setup!
- From your Tapcart dashboard, navigate to ‘Settings’ then ‘Customizations’
- Under ‘Customizations’, scroll down to ‘Filters’
- Here you can select ‘+ Add Filter Category’
- Create a filter category, by adding a title in the ‘Section Name’ box
- Next, add the product tag you created in Shopify in the ‘Enter Tag’ box
- Once you’ve entered the tag name, exactly as it is in Shopify, add the title in the ‘Enter Title’ box
- Click ‘Save’ once you have entered all of the necessary tags and titles for your filter category
We offer advanced search and filtering with third-party integrations like Fast Simon (Instant Search +), Searchanise, and Aloglia. To learn more about our integration offerings go to: https://tapcart.com/integrations
Have more questions on how to set up Tapcart Filters? We’re happy to help walk you through it, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!