To host an app in the Google Play Store, you will need to create a Google Play developer account.
In this lesson:
- Learn how to register for a Google Play Developer account
- Invite Tapcart to your account
Important Note: There is a one-time $25 enrollment fee and you will need to sign up with a Gmail account and set up 2-Step Verification.
- If you do not have a Gmail account, you can create a free one here
- To set up Google's 2-Step Verification, please refer to this guide
Once you have those steps completed, you can follow the instructions below on how to complete your enrollment.
How to Register for a Google Play Developer account
Navigate to, https://play.google.com/console/signup
Confirm you are logged into the correct Gmail account you would like to have your Google Play account associated with, please look at the top left corner under 'Google Play Console'.
Choose to enroll as an ‘Organization or Business'.
Next, you will see the following screen and click 'Continue'.
First, add your developer name.
Next, you will need to link your account to a payment profile. Select ‘Create or Select payment profile’.
If you have an existing payment method tied to your Google Account, you will see available options to select from in the next popup.
If you do not have an existing payment method tied to your Google Account, you will need to select ‘create new payment profile’ and enter the required details.
You will then be asked to verify your DUNS details and ‘Confirm’.
To continue with the enrollment, you will need to fill in your organization's details, as shown in the screenshot below.
On the next page, you will need to enter your Company’s phone number and email address. Note: These will be available on the Google Play Store listing once your app is published.
Next, complete the 'About you' section explaining why you are registering for a Google Play Developer account.
Complete the 'Apps' section:
- List the number of apps you plan to create
- Answer 'No' for earning money on Google Play
- We do not support paid apps
- For 'App Categories' select 'None of the Above'
Finally, check and agree to the terms then select ‘Create an account and pay’ to add your payment information
Invite Tapcart to your Google Play Developer Account
- Once your account is created you can navigate to the Google Play Console and select ‘Users and Permissions’ on the left-hand side
- Click ‘Invite new users’ and add email@example.com with ‘Admin’ privileges
- Tap ‘Invite User’ to complete the invitation process
Important Note: If Google Play is unable to verify your ID with the initial business information entered, you will need to submit additional information to complete the verification process. You will see a banner upon accessing Google Play Console with a link to complete the necessary steps.
Your Implementation Specialist will contact you shortly after your invitation has been received.
To learn more about Tapcart, visit Tapcart Academy to become a mobile app expert!
If you have additional questions about completing your Google Play Developer enrollment, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to your Implementation Specialist or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.