Learn How to Enroll in the Google Play Developer Program
To host an app in the Google Play Store, you will need to create a Google Play developer account. Please note there is a one-time $25 enrollment fee and you will need to sign up with a Gmail account and set up 2-Step Verification.
- If you do not have a Gmail account, you can create a free one here
- To set up Google's 2-Step Verification, please refer to this guide
Once you have those steps completed, you can follow the instructions below on how to complete your enrollment.
- Navigate to, https://play.google.com/console/signup
- Confirm you are logged into the correct Gmail account you would like to have your Google Play account associated with, please look at the top left corner under 'Google Play Console'.
- Choose to enroll as an ‘Organization or Business’
- Fill in your organization's information, please note your ‘Developer Name’ will show in your app-listing under your app title.
- Agree to the 'Terms of Service'
- Select ‘Create an account and pay’ to add your payment information
- Once your account is created you can navigate to the Google Play Console and select ‘Users and Permissions’ on the left-hand side
- Click ‘Invite new users’ and add firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Admin’ privileges
- Tap ‘Invite User’ to complete the invitation process
Important Note: If Google Play is unable to verify your ID with the initial business information entered, you will need to submit additional information to complete the verification process. You will see a banner upon accessing Google Play Console with a link to complete the necessary steps.
Your Implementation Specialist will contact you shortly after your invitation has been received.
If you have additional questions on completing your Google Play Developer enrollment, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to your Implementation Specialist or you can email us at email@example.com.