Multi-currency utilizes Shopify Payments' multiple currencies to allow merchants to sell their products in the local currencies of their consumers.
- Your store is required to use Shopify Payments to support multi-currency within your Online Store and the Tapcart Sales Channel.
- If you are looking to use Shopify Markets for Multi-currency, follow this guide.
If your online store has international traffic or you have a strong international presence, you can increase conversion rates by offering multi-currency options.
How to Connect this Feature?
Within the Shopify Dashboard, you must first select which currencies you wish to sell by following the steps below.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ in Shopify and open 'Payments'
- In the Shopify Payments section, click 'Manage'
- Then from the Countries/Regions section, click 'Add country/region'
- Select the country or region you want to support from the list provided and 'Add country/region'
- Once you are completed with the setup in Shopify, navigate to Tapcart
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ tab in your dashboard
- Go to the ‘Store Settings’ section and enable ‘Allow Multi-Currency’
How Does the Customer Interact with Multi-Currency?
Once multiple currencies are enabled on both Shopify and Tapcart, your customers will be able to choose which currency they want to shop in from the left-hand menu of the mobile app.
To learn more about Tapcart, visit Tapcart Academy to become a mobile app expert!
If you have additional questions about setting up multi-currency, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to us through LiveChat in your Tapcart Dashboard or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!