Offering discounts will convert anyone browsing your store into a buyer, but offering exclusive discounts to app users creates a unique sense of engagement with your top merchants. You can create an unlimited number of discount codes. Discount codes can be generated for a dollar value discount, a percentage discount, or a free shipping discount.
The first step is to create your discount code. To do this, go to https://shopify.com/admin/discounts and click Create Discount.
Then go to the Tapcart Dashboard to add your discount code.
Click this link https://app.tapcart.com/settings/customizations and find Store Settings.
Here, you will see a section called Discount popup.
Enter a custom message that includes the discount code you created in the previous step.
Shopify recommends the following in their guide:
- The discount code entry field will show during checkout only if you have active discount codes available to your customers.
- Keep in mind, your customers cannot stack discounts. If you have a 10% off discount, they can't also use a "free shipping" coupon. Only one discount at a time can apply to a single order.
- You can limit discount codes to one per customer in the Usage limits section on the Add discount page.
- If you set an expiry date for a discount, then the discount will expire at 11:59:59 PM on that day.
- Customer groups (created by saved searches on the Customers page) are useful for sending discount codes to a select group of customers. For example, if you want to send a discount code to customers who have spent $100 or more in the last month, then you can apply filters to create a group of these select customers, export their email addresses, generate a special code, and send it to these customers only.
- You can fully edit your discounts.
- You can apply collection discounts in two ways: either as a fixed monetary amount applied once per order to every applicable item in a cart, or as a percentage discount applied to an entire collection. Choose the method you want in the Applies to section on the Add discount page.
- Collections can't hold individual product variants. If you add a product variant to a discounted collection, then the collection discount applies to every version of the product.
- Product-specific discount codes will apply to all quantities of a product when a customer applies the discount code. For example, if a customer adds 10 of the same product, then the product specific code will discount all 10 items.
- You can apply discount codes to a specific variant of a product. These codes will apply to all quantities of the variant in a cart.