Integrating the Facebook SDK with your Tapcart app allows you to advertise your iOS app on Facebook, as well as track your Facebook Ad clickthrough, installs, and even customer purchases. Right now Tapcart only offers Facebook SDK for iOS apps.
Before following these steps, you must have:
- Tapcart Subscription - An active Tapcart Plus or Tapcart Enterprise subscription.
- Published iOS App (with Tapcart).
- Facebook Developer Account - You can create one at developers.facebook.com.
This walkthrough is divided into 3 sections:
Part 1: Create and add your Facebook Ad ID to your Tapcart Dashboard
Part 2: Add your Apple IDs to your Facebook Account
Part 3: Add your Facebook Ad and Business IDs to your Facebook Apps Account
You won't need any technical expertise to complete this process. Let's get started!
Part 1: Create your Facebook Ad ID
Visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps/ and login with your Facebook account.
Then, click Add a New App, then enter your app name and click Create App ID
A. Once you complete this step, you will be provided an APP ID.
B. Input the ID provided in the previous step to your Tapcart Dashboard
Once this is completed, contact a Tapcart team member to upload your app to your Apple Developer account. This is required for the next steps of setting up your Facebook SDK.
Part 2: Adding your Apple IDs to your Facebook Account
Once your app is uploaded to your developer account, Apple will generate two items required for the next step: the Bundle ID and the Apple App ID.
- Log in to your account at Facebook Developers
- Click Settings in the left side menu
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click + Add Platform.
- Choose iOS
- Now you will need to retrieve a few pieces of data from your Apple account. Log into your Apple Developer Account and click My Apps
- Then click on your App Icon.
- Under General Information, make a note of your Bundle ID and your Apple ID
- Go back to your Facebook account. Input the Bundle ID in Bundle ID, and Apple ID into iPhone Store ID. Click Save Changes.
We're almost there! Now we just need to connect your Facebook App to your Facebook Ad Account and your Facebook Business so you can start running ads.
Part 3: Add your Facebook Ad ID to your Tapcart Dashboard
1. Go to your Facebook Ad Account and click your name in the top left to find your Ad Account ID.
2. Open up Facebook Developers again and Click Settings > Advanced. Scroll down to the Advertising Accounts section.
3. You will need input your Ad Account ID into the Authorized Ad Account IDs field. This is the ID number you collected in the very first step of this article - in Part 1 - Step 1.
4. As an option you can add your Facebook Business account ID to Authorized Businesses, but this is not mandatory. It's helpful to have a Facebook Business account if there are multiple coworkers who need to manage your Facebook ads.
Now you are ready to advertise your app on Facebook by creating Ad Campaigns. For more information on the finer points of advertising on Facebook, you can refer to Facebook's Business Help Center.