What is TestFlight?
TestFlight makes it easy to invite users to test your apps and collect valuable feedback before releasing your apps on the App Store.
It is important to add your app on TestFlight because it allows you to test the end-to-end user experience for your mobile app prior to going live on the App Store. Adding your team to TestFlight also empowers your organization to keep track of new updates, Tapcart releases, and preview new icon/launch screens before going live.
To download TestFlight, you can use this link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664
Alternatively, you can visit your iOS App Store and search for "TestFlight".
To add a user to TestFlight, you must first ensure that the user is invited to your Apple account via App Store Connect. To do this, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Adding a user to App Store Connect
- Find and click the section "Users and Access"
- Find the (+) symbol within "Users and Access" to add a new user
- Input the new user's desired information, permission levels, then click Add
Step 2: Adding users to TestFlight
- Go to your App Store Connect homepage and select "My Apps"
- Within your Apps, find the desired app you want to test
- Within the app, look for the TestFlight tab found above your app information
- On the TestFlight tab, look for and click on "App Store Connect" users
- Find and select the user(s) that you would like to add to TestFlight, then click Save
Step 3: Accepting a TestFlight invitation
- Open your email and look for an email from TestFlight, prompting you to install the app
- In the email, click on "View in TestFlight"
- Find the TestFlight redemption code
- Open the TestFlight app on your iPhone device
- Click on the "Redeem" button on the top-right corner
- Enter the redemption code from your email
- Upon redeeming the app, click on Install and proceed with testing your app