Direct your mobile traffic to your app with the Mobile Download Banner
Convert your one-time visitors into loyal customers
Delivering the best shopping experience on mobile is essential to your brand’s success. 81% of Shopify’s traffic is on mobile and a great mobile experience can make or break their opinion of your brand. In order to encourage mobile shoppers to download your app and have a superior shopping experience, we created the Mobile Download Banner.
This banner is embedded within your mobile website and links directly to your mobile app in the App Store or Google Play Store. The banner pops up each time a user lands on your website and prompts them to download the app. The banner is a highly-effective marketing tool that can potentially convert a one-time visitor into a loyal customer.
Simple to set-up & easy to customize
You can easily manage your Mobile Download Banner from your Tapcart Dashboard and it will take less than 5 minutes to set it up.
Here’s how to enable your banner:
- Log into your Tapcart Dashboard
- Click on the ‘Customizations’ Tab
- Scroll down to the ‘Mobile Web Banner'
- Customize the banner’s text and button, as well as choose from a Google font. ou also have the ability to display the App Store and Google Play Store Rating on your banner if you wish.
- Preview it
- Publish the changes to your website by copying and pasting the snippet into their theme.liquid. Instructions for this can be found below:
6a. Visit your Shopify Dashboard and click on "Online Store" within your "Sales Channels", click on "Themes", and on the right-hand side, find the "Actions" drop-down to select "edit code".
6b. Locate your store's "theme.liquid" file within the code editor under "Layout".
6c. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this web-page and find the closing </body> tag, then paste the snippet of code for your Mobile Download Banner directly above this closing tag.
- After completing the above steps, click Save and proceed to test this feature by visiting your mobile website on either your iOS or Android devices.
Pro tip: for the best results, we recommend creating a separate landing page that includes all of the information about your app and why users should download it. Check out the Your Super and Extra Butter mobile app landing pages for inspiration.
From discovery to download, make the mobile experience on-brand.
At Tapcart, our goal is to help you create an on-brand app that gives your customers the best possible experience on mobile. Boost downloads and increase mobile conversion by placing the Tapcart Mobile Download Banner on your website today!
For more best practices on how to get app downloads, we recommend this article.
To learn about the benefits of a mobile app and the Tapcart Enterprise platform, get in touch with our team of mobile experts.