Why Facebook SDK + Tapcart?
The Facebook SDK allows merchants to track specific data based on user behavior in the app.
Tracking purchase conversion rates, retention, revenue, and average order values at a high level.
The following event streams are also included:
- Add Payment Info
- Add to Cart
- App Installs
- App Launches
- Content View
- Initiated Checkout
- New User Activity
- Session End
- User Activity
How to Connect Facebook SDK + Tapcart?
Here’s how to set up the integration:
The integration is available to all Tapcart customers who have a Facebook Developer Account. If you don’t have a developer account with Facebook you can easily create one here. Please note, your iOS and Android apps will need to be published to complete the integration setup.
Please note, this walkthrough is divided into 2 sections:
- Part 1: Create and add your Facebook Ad ID to your Tapcart Dashboard
Part 1: Create and add your Facebook Ad ID to your Tapcart Dashboard
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps/ and log in with your Facebook account.
- Select 'Get Started' or 'My Apps'
- If this is the first time setting up a Facebook SDK account, you will need to select ‘Developer’ from the options below and ‘Complete Registration'
- On the next screen, please select ‘Create App’
- On the first step, select ‘Other’ for what you want the app to do.
- Next, you will need to select the app type. The preferred option is ‘None’, but if that option is not available, please select ‘Consumer’
- Enter the ‘App Display Name’ and update the contact email address if needed.
- Please note, that we recommend adding the Facebook Business Manager account (even if it is tied to a personal FB account). This allows Facebook to verify the business.
- Select 'Create App', this will automatically generate an App ID for your app
- Copy the ‘App ID’, found under your app name
- In a new window visit the Tapcart Dashboard, select the ‘Integrations’ tab and click ‘Facebook’
- Paste the ‘App ID’ into the specified field
- Next, you will need to navigate back to 'Settings' and click on 'Advanced'
- Scroll down to 'Security' and copy the 'Client token'
- Paste this value in the specified field within your dashboard and select 'Save & Enable'
Part 2: Add your Facebook Ad and Business IDs to your Facebook Apps Account
Now to start running ads, we’ll need to connect your Facebook App to your Facebook Ad and Facebook Business accounts.
- Open your Facebook Ad Account and select your name in the top left to find your ‘Ad Account ID'
- Copy your ‘Ad Account ID’ and go back to Facebook Developers
- From here navigate to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Advanced’
- Scroll down to the ‘Advertising Accounts’ section and input your ‘Ad Account ID’ into the ‘Authorized Ad Account IDs’ field
- As an option you can add your Facebook Business Account ID to ‘Authorized Businesses’ but this is not mandatory. It’s helpful to have a Facebook Business account if there are multiple coworkers who need to manage your Facebook ads!
- Once you're done, select ‘Save Changes’ and you’re all set!
- Once completed and apps are live, move to Part 3 to configure the Facebook SDK
To learn more about Tapcart, visit Tapcart Academy to become a mobile app expert!
If you have additional questions regarding the Facebook SDK Integration, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to us through LiveChat within your Tapcart dashboard or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!