Why Facebook SDK + Tapcart?
The Facebook SDK allows merchants to track specific data based on user behavior in the app.
Tracking purchase conversion rates, retention, revenue, and average order values at a high level. The following event streams are also included:
- Add Payment Info
- Add to Cart
- App Installs
- App Launches
- Content View
- Initiated Checkout
- New User Activity
- Session End
- User Activity
How to Connect Facebook SDK + Tapcart?
Here’s how to set up the integration:
The integration is available to all Tapcart customers who have a Facebook Developer Account. If you don’t have a developer account with Facebook you can easily create one here. Please note, your iOS and Android apps will need to be published to complete the integration setup.
Please note, this walkthrough is divided into 2 sections:
- Part 1: Create and add your Facebook Ad ID to your Tapcart Dashboard
- Part 2: Inviting Tapcart to your Facebook Account
Part 1: Create and add your Facebook Ad ID to your Tapcart Dashboard
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps/ and log in with your Facebook account.
- Select 'Get Started' or 'My Apps'
- If this is the first time setting up a Facebook SDK account, you will need to select ‘Developer’ from the options below and ‘Complete Registration'
- On the next screen, please select ‘Create App’
- Next, you will need to select the app type. The preferred option is ‘None’, but if that option is not available, please select ‘Consumer’
- Enter the ‘App Display Name’ and update the contact email address if needed
- Please note, you can connect your FB Business account if it is tied to your personal FB account, but this is optional.
- Select 'Create App', this will automatically generate an App ID for your app
- Copy the ‘App ID’, found under your app name
- In a new window visit the Tapcart Dashboard, select the ‘Integrations’ tab and click ‘Facebook’
- Paste the ‘App ID’ into the specified field
- Next, you will need to navigate back to 'Settings' and click on 'Advanced'
- Scroll down to 'Security' and copy the 'Client token'
- Paste this value in the specified field within your dashboard and select 'Save & Enable'
- Once completed, move to Part 2 to invite Tapcart to your Facebook account
Part 2: Invite Tapcart to your Facebook Account
- Within your Facebook Developers account, confirm you have the app selected that you want to invite Tapcart too
- Click on 'Roles' in the left side menu
- Tap ‘Add administrator’
- Enter tappy.mccart and select ‘Submit’
- Now, you will navigate to https://www.facebook.com/adsmanager
- Grab your Authorized Ads Manager Account ID which you can locate here.
- Once completed, confirm with your Implementation Specialist via email and you're all set!
Your Implementation Specialist will complete the Facebook configuration by adding your Apple and Android IDs to your Facebook account. Please note, that your Implementation Specialist will only complete this during your onboarding period (pre-app launch).
If you have completed onboarding or would prefer to complete this on your end, please see this guide for step-by-step instructions on how to complete your configuration.
To learn more about Tapcart, visit Tapcart Academy to become a mobile app expert!
If you have additional questions regarding the Facebook SDK Integration, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to us through LiveChat within your Tapcart dashboard or email us at email@example.com!