To support Facebook SDK advertising, this guide will walk you through how to add the ‘app-ads.txt’ file to your domain on Shopify.
How to Create Your App-Ads.Txt File?
- To get started open this link in a separate window
- Scroll down to ‘Adding Facebook with a Business ID’
- Copy these values into a plain text file on your desktop
- Now that you have a text file started you will modify this text to be specific for your app. Walking through these variables:
- The first variable will remain as facebook.com
- The App ID can be found within your FB Developer account. Simply copy and paste your App ID over the Business ID field.
- RESELLER will be replaced with ‘DIRECT’
- Please note, that we are modifying this because you are a direct-to-consumer brand.
- The last variable will remain as, c3e20eee3f780d68
- Next, you will save your text file as ‘app-ads.txt’ to your desktop or somewhere you can easily access it.
- Please note, that you can use TextEdit, Notepad, or any other text editing software of your choice.
How to Upload Your App-Ads.Txt File to Shopify?
- Navigate to your Shopify store and go to ‘Settings’
- Within ‘Settings’, open ‘Files’
- Select ‘Upload Files’ to upload the ‘app-ads.txt’ file to your Shopify account
- After the file has been uploaded, you can copy the link that is connected to the ‘app-ads.txt’ file
- From here, navigate to your ‘Online Store’ within the Shopify dashboard and select ‘Navigation’
- Tap ‘URL redirects’ in the top right corner and select ‘Create URL redirect’
- Then you will complete the required fields:
- In the ‘Redirect from’ field you will enter ‘app-ads.txt’
- In the ‘Redirect to’ field, you will paste your redirect to link from the file you just uploaded within the ‘Settings’ section of Shopify.
- Select ‘Save’ and you’re all set!
Important Note: Once you have completed these steps, reach out to your Implementation Specialist, if you are still in the implementation phase, or contact our Support Team to validate the ownership of your Facebook App using the root domain of your website.
To test if this working is simply copy your Shopify URL and paste it into a new browser window. Then at the very end of it just add ‘app-ads.txt’ and you will be redirected to a page where those values reappear.
Please note, that it is required for your app to be live to complete the confirmation of your mobile app ownership. If your app is not live after you complete the app-ads.txt file set up, you will continue to receive an error message until you are officially live.
If you have additional questions regarding this, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to us through LiveChat within your Tapcart dashboard or email us at email@example.com!