Metafields give you the ability to customize the functionality and appearance of your Shopify store by permitting you to save specialized information that isn’t usually captured within Shopify admin. Use metafields to build out a size guide or to power the 'Gift with Purchase' logic.
Metafields consist of the following:
- Namespace: used to categorize the metafield
- Key: used to specify the exact metafield
- Value: the data used to 'do something'
Metafields are created in Shopify, and can be made using a 3rd party metafields app.
Once your metafields are created, Tapcart is able to consume these metafields once they are made available to Tapcart and the Storefront API.
Steps to enable metafields to be used by Tapcart:
- Navigate to 'Settings' within your Tapcart Dashboard
- Go to 'Customizations' and scroll down to the 'Enable Metafields' section
- Enter the namespace and key for your selected metafield
- Then select 'Save' and you're all set!
By pressing save, Tapcart will automatically expose the metafield(s) to the Storefront API for you. Now that this is done, you can use metafields in Custom Blocks, etc.
Important Note: If you building a block in the Custom blocks editor, you need to mock the value to any used metafields by leveraging the Variable Preview Values JSON panel in 'Block Settings'.
Learn more about optimizing your app experience by visiting, Tapcart Academy!
If you have additional questions regarding drops, we’re happy to help. Please reach out to us through LiveChat in your dashboard or email us at email@example.com!