What is Nosto?
Nosto is the world’s leading AI-powered personalization platform, essentially a more robust recently viewed search engine. Their algorithm recommends products based on user behavior, personalizes content by drawing from rich data profiles, and increases sales by predicting buying habits.
In this lesson:
- Learn how Nosto can help you boost AOV and drive conversions
- The different recommendation types of Nosto
Why Nosto + Tapcart?
The Nosto Tapcart integration provides the most personalized shopping experience through mobile to increase conversions and remove barriers to purchase. This integration provides a personalized experience in the app via dedicated product carousels that can be placed on the Product Detail Page and Homepage(s). Carousels can be configured to recommend related products (if on the PDP, or to recommend products per a given category). User behavior is tracked when the Nosto integration is enabled so that a user's recommendations can be refined based on viewed products.
How to Connect Nosto + Tapcart?
Here’s how to set up the integration:
The integration is available to all Tapcart Enterprise customers who also have a Nosto licensing membership.
For more information on Nosto, you can book a demo with their team here.
- Contact a Nosto Team Member to request your API Key
- Once you receive your ‘API Key’ copy & paste this into the respective field on the Nosto integration page within your Tapcart Dashboard
- Add your website in the Home Page URL field
- Click ‘Save & Enable’ and you are all set!
How to Configure Nosto on the PDP?
Now that your integration has been configured on the backend. You can promote this feature by adding the Nosto block to your product detail page. Once added to your page designer you'll follow the steps below to complete the configuration.
Select the recommendation type:
- Frequently bought together: Shows products frequently bought with the current product you are viewing on the PDP. This is a default product recommendation type powered out of the box by Nosto.
- Frequently viewed together: Shows products frequently viewed with the current product you are viewing on the PDP. This is a default product recommendation type powered out of the box by Nosto.
- Frequently viewed together(smart): Displays items other visitors have viewed close to currently viewed items. This is a default product recommendation type powered out of the box by Nosto.
- Default recommendations: This is a default product recommendation type powered out of the box by Nosto.
- Category page: Category name
- Slot IDs map to a specific recommendation slot you have created in Nosto. Recommendation slots allow you to apply more advanced logic beyond a category filter. This lets you tie the recommendations to specific browsing behavior, product tags, etc.
- The slot ID is optional, but you are allowed to enter multiple. When used, results will be pulled from the recommendation slot(s) and filtered to the permitted category. When using multiple slot IDs, results will be pulled from the first returned slot ID to populate the carousel. If the first slot ID does not contain enough products to fill the carousel, then products will be pulled from the second slot ID in the list.
- Steps to find your slot ID:
- Login to your Nosto App
- Select 'Category Merchandising' and tap 'Overview'
- Search for category name: Slot IDs: Nosto app
- Then choose 'Recommendations' and select a campaign
- From here you can copy the slot ID
Choose to conditionally tag or rename the Nosto block as you wish!
- Important Note: Conditional tagging and product-based recommendations are not available for Nosto homepage blocks. This is because there is no single product to reference, on the homepage you can only do 'Category' based recommendations
How to Configure Nosto on the Homepage?
You can also promote this feature by adding the Nosto block to your Homepage. Once added to your page designer you'll follow the steps below to complete the configuration.
Select the recommendation type:
- Best Sellers: Bestsellers, trending products, or top lists are recommendation types based on overall trend data and popularity displaying what is currently “hot and popular” on the online store. Displayed products can be filtered and for instance, narrowed down to a specific selected subset of products by applying include and exclude settings.
Rename the Nosto block as you wish!
How does a Consumer interact with the Integration?
Depending on the recommendation type, it may take a few sessions for a user to start to see recommendations from Nosto. In most cases, recommendations should be served to a user when they first download the app & begin using it.
Recommendations are served within a product carousel and will be on brand with product carousels across the app. Users will not know that the products recommendation are coming from another service, and the carousels will additionally feature the custom title set.
When tapping on a product within a recommendation carousel, users will be navigated to the respective product page. All product clicks in the app are sent back to Nosto so that further recommendations can be built around the product they interact with.
How is Data Attributed Back to Nosto?
All product view events in the app will be sent to Nosto when the integration is enabled. This allows Nosto to build recommendations around a specific user.
If a user views a product (that was served from a recommendation from Nosto), then that will be indicated for Nosto in the view event Tapcart sends over. This also tells Nosto the success rate of recommendations served by Nosto.
The Nosto integration is available to Tapcart Enterprise customers only.
To learn more about Tapcart, visit Tapcart Academy to become a mobile app expert!
If you have additional questions regarding the Nosto integration, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to us through LiveChat in your Tapcart dashboard or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!