What to do if Your Customers are Not Receiving Notifications?
There can be multiple reasons preventing your customers from receiving push notifications. In this article, we will walk you through the troubleshooting process to resolve this for your customer base!
Step 1: Ensuring Pay Certificate is Updated in Apple Developer
- Apple Developer will send out an email when your certificates are about to expire, if you receive an email similar to the one shown below, reach out to email@example.com to update this right away!
- To check if your push certificate has expired simply navigate to Apple Developer and select ‘Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles’. From here you can see when the ‘Apple Push Services’ certificate expires on the right-hand side under ‘Expiration’. If you see it has expired, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to update this!
Step 2: iOS 15 Considerations
- With the new iOS 15 updates, users can now update their devices to send them a notification summary at the scheduled time of their choosing. With this update, they can also select which apps they would like to receive notifications from.
Step 3: Re-enabling Push Notifications on their Device
- Navigate to ‘Notifications’ on the iOS device and locate the desired app. Turn off ‘Allow Notifications’ and then toggle them back on.
Step 4: Delete & Reinstall the App
- If turning off and on the notifications doesn’t resolve the issue, try deleting and reinstalling the app.
If you have additional questions or need further assistance troubleshooting, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to us through LiveChat within your dashboard or email us at email@example.com!