Once your integration has been enabled, you can set up your campaigns and deep linking within the AppsFlyer dashboard. In this article, we will walk through how to set this up.
- Within your AppsFlyer dashboard navigate to the ‘Experiences & Deep Linking’
- Select ‘OneLink Custom Links’ and then ‘New link’
- Choose ‘Custom experience’ and enter App for the Custom media source name
- From here you can enter a ‘Campaign name’
- You can ignore the next few entries and click on ‘Next’
- Click ‘Next’ to skip the Custom experience settings for Social Media
- In the Deep linking & redirection section you can enter the destination you wish to navigate customers to - simply copy the desired URL and paste it within the ‘Deep link value’ field
- To navigate customers to the homepage of your website, copy and paste your website URL
- To navigate customers to a specific collection, copy and paste the URL for the specified collection
- To navigate customers to a specific product, copy and paste the URL for the specified product
- Important Note: Some Shopify stores by default place specific products under collections and those URLs will appear like this
- If this is the case for your store, you will have to manually delete the ‘collection/test/’ portion from the URL before copying and pasting it into the field within AppsFlyer for it to work correctly.
- Once you have set up your destinations, scroll down to the ‘Redirection’ section. From here you can choose where the user will be redirected if they do not have the app installed. By default, this follows the template setup and only needs to be changed if you want users to be directed to a website instead of the App Store
- Under iOS, select ‘Web URL’ and then place your page link in the field beside it
- You can follow the same process to deep-link Android
- To deep link for desktop, you will scroll down to ‘When link is clicked on desktop’
- From here choose ‘Website URL’ and copy and paste the homepage URL
- Select ‘Next’ to move to the optional Additional Parameters setup.
- Then tap ‘Create Link’ and you’re all set!
After you follow the steps above, this will set up the deferred deep linking for your mobile app. Meaning if I do not have the app installed on my device, by selecting the link you created within AppsFlyer, after I have downloaded the app and opened it, I will automatically be navigated to the specified collection or product you linked within your post.
The AppsFlyer integration is available to Tapcart Enterprise customers only.
Not on Tapcart Enterprise but want to learn more about using AppsFlyer? You can talk to one of our mobile experts by accessing the AppsFlyer integration within your dashboard. Simply select the integration and choose ‘talk to a mobile expert’ to get started!
To learn more about Tapcart, visit Tapcart Academy to become a mobile app expert!
If you have additional questions regarding the AppsFlyer Integration, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to us through LiveChat within your dashboard or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!