What are Product Badges?
Why you should use Product Badges?
Badges are a simple and effective way to increase your app's conversion rate. Here are some examples of how our most successful merchants are using badges to increase sales:
- Establish social proof: "Best Seller", "Staff Pick"
- Drive urgency: "Limited Edition", "Low Inventory"
- Educate your buyers: "New Arrivals", "Seasonal", "Sustainably Made"
- Promote a sale: "10% Off", "BOGO", "Free Shipping"
How to create a Product Badge?
- Navigate to Settings >> Product Badges
- Select Add Badge to create your 1st badge
Merchants can select which pages their badges will be shown on:
- Badges under Displayed on Product Detail Pages, will be shown on product detail pages
- Badges under Displayed on Collections, will be shown on your home page collection blocks and product landing pages
*All badges do not display on product images in search, cart, checkout, or through any 3rd-party integration blocks
- Select a Shopify Product Tag related to your product(s) the badge should display on
The selected Shopify product tag is what the badge will be based off of. Using the example above, any product that has the tag “best seller” will display this badge.
- Name your Badge Title
This is the text that will be displayed for your badge.
- Product Detail Page badges can be up to 24 characters
- Collections badges can be up to 16 characters
- Exclude products from showing this badge (optional)
You can use conditional logic to exclude products with a specific product tag from displaying a badge. This is helpful if your store manages a high volume of tags and products.
- Customize the colors, corner radius, and positioning of your badge
- Font color - hex color of the badge title font
- Background color - hex color of the badge background
- Corner radius - select 1 corner radius style
- Vertical positioning - select 1 vertical position
- Horizontal positioning - select 1 horizontal position
- Set a priority order in case a product qualifies for multiple badges
Certain products may qualify for multiple badges. This is true if a product has multiple tags that are targeted and those badges are using the same vertical position.
Using the example above, if a product has both the "new release" and "best seller" tag, only the "New Release" badge will be shown since it has a higher priority and both of the badges use the "Top" vertical positioning. If the "Best Seller" badge was using the "Bottom" vertical positioning, both badges would be displayed on the product. The "New Release" badge would be shown on top and the "Best Seller" badge on bottom.
- Toggle your badges to Enabled and select Save & Update to set your badges live
To learn more about Tapcart, visit Tapcart Academy to become a mobile app expert!
If you have additional questions on badges, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to a Tapcart Team member through our LiveChat in your dashboard or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.