What is Fast Simon?
Fast Simon, formerly known as Instant Search + is an advanced search app. Fast Simon is used to optimize the entire shopping experience and boost conversion rates by giving customers more robust search results compared to Shopify’s regular search API.
Why Fast Simon + Tapcart?
The Fast Simon and Tapcart integration is used to assist shoppers with finding what they are looking for by displaying faster, more relevant search results and offering advanced search capabilities, such as:
- Popular Search
- This will populate suggested popular search items within the app. For example, if a customer types in 'jacket' it will suggest the most trending items within your app such as 'leather jacket', 'puffer jacket', and more. From here your customer can select one of the popular search suggestions and it will update the search view w within the app.
- Dynamic Filtering
- This will show a subset of filter options based on the collection you're looking at. For example, shoe sizes will not appear within the filter options for a jackets collection.
- Merchandising Collections
- With Fast Simon, you can set up store rules within your dashboard and it will update your products within the collection. Through Tapcarts API with Fast Simon, your merchandising rules will be pushed to Shopify then Tapcart will receive that information and display the updated collection order within the app.
Important Note: Merchandising collections are created within Shopify at the collection level which then translates into Tapcart.
How to Connect Fast Simon + Tapcart?
Here’s how to set up this integration:
The integration is available to all Tapcart customers and all Fast Simon customers. For more information on Fast Simons plans, check out their website.
- Navigate to your Shopify Dashboard
- Select ‘Apps’ and open ‘Fast Simon’
- Click into ‘Settings’
- From here you can grab the UUID and Store ID
- Open your Tapcart Dashboard and navigate to ‘Integrations’
- Select ‘Fast Simon’ and enter the ID’s into their corresponding fields
- The ‘Fast Simon Domain Name’ is optional
Fast Simon will work instantly in the app and requires no backend installation.
- We do not support sliders within Fast Simon, we only support price range filters, such as 10-50, 50-100, 100-150, etc.
- This integration's Popular Search feature is only available for iOS users.
- If you utilize Fast Simon and the Barcode/QR Scanner, you will need to toggle on ‘SKU Sync’ within your FastSimon ‘Settings’. Fast Simon will then reference the SKU field from the Product details in Shopify when scanning an item.
If you have additional questions regarding the Fast Simon integration, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to us through LiveChat in your Tapcart Dashboard or you can email us at email@example.com!