Navigational UI is typically one of the first elements a consumer interacts with. This concept of navigation is central to the Tapcart app experience and serves as the watershed for which experiences flow from. While end users may navigate down various waterways, brands depend on airtight navigation to serve as tributaries that get the user back on track and ultimately to their session goal (making a purchase). It affects their ability to sign in, find products, locate the cart, and discover more aspects of a brand. As time has progressed, it’s become clear that brands expect to upgrade to a more modern bottom navigation that is present in 90%+ of modern mobile apps.
In this article:
- Learn how to set up bottom navigation
- Navigate to your Tapcart Dashboard
- Hover over your drop-down over 'App Studio' and choose 'Navigation'
- Select 'Bottom Navigation' under 'Navigation Type'
- Important Note: If you have more than 5 menu options, you will receive a notification to remove additional menu items, before making the switch.
- From here you can...
- Choose to show or hide titles
- Update menu icons
- Modify the titles
- Set up new destinations
- Re-order the order your menu options are displayed in
- The 'Top Left Icon' can be linked to any destination within your app
- Pro-Tip: We recommend linking this out to your 'Collection' page
- Next, the 'Top Right Icon' can be linked to any destination within your app
- Finally, you can customize the menu colors of your app from this section;
- 'Background' - the background color of your bottom navigation menu
- 'Icon & Text' - text and icon color of your menu options
- 'Highlight' - when users are on the page of the selected menu option the highlight color will display
- Once you are done, select 'Save' and you're all set!
Bottom navigation is available to all Tapcart Customers.
The bottom navigation default sections include:
- Cart View
Important Note: If you have more than 5 menu options, you will receive a notification to remove additional menu items, before making the switch.
To learn more about Tapcart, visit Tapcart Academy to become a mobile app expert!
If you have additional questions about bottom navigation, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to a Tapcart Team member through our LiveChat in your dashboard or you can email us at email@example.com.